Sunday, January 7, 2024

Just Ask

Inspirational song: This Will Be (An Everlasting Love) (Natalie Cole)

Every time I say it, and by the time it is relevant again, I disregard it. I must not run hours of errands in the morning on babysitting days. Yet I keep doing it. This time it was because we had a lot of Amazon things to return, as we went through multiple products trying to find a headset and microphone that were properly compliant with my daughter's work-from-home setup. There was a handful of tech I didn't want lingering on my bank account. Losing two days (well, kind of three) to a certain somebody having a severe intestinal illness made it imperative that we run those errands today. I paid the price for it.

I was not the active grandma I would like to be this afternoon. I spent the whole time nodding off, feeling ooky, and wondering whether that intestinal virus was indeed contagious. After the boy and I got a solid nap, I decided it was probably just fatigue and UV exposure getting me down. I felt better (ish) right about the time the kids went home.

The kids themselves were energetic and clever, as always. Our little man demonstrated new words, such as when he went up to his grandpa, sitting and working on his laptop, and asked, "ah ah doing?" He knew the cadence of the question he wanted to ask, and he knew the most important word to express what he wanted. He said that part very clearly. We are enjoying listening to him find his words.

No comments:

Post a Comment