Tuesday, January 23, 2024

Checking the Racks

Inspirational song: Joey (Concrete Blonde)

When I concocted this plan to grow a Very Large Manjula, like the cool PlantTubers do, I absolutely underestimated how hard it would be to get ahold of one of these plants. I have seen every other imaginable pothos--golden, marble queen, pearls and jade, neon, and n'joy. So far the only manjula in four stores has been the $80 one in a gilded cage at Flower Bin. I had an urge to drive down to the Boulder Home Depot this evening to see whether they had one. If I hadn't been worn out by that point, I might have done.

I did go back to the Home Depot here after Rotary. They had just gotten a large shipment of houseplants, which had not been unloaded from the plastic wrapped racks they'd come in on. I peeked around the plastic and read the packing slips, and if there was one on there, I couldn't find it. I even got down on hands and knees on a concrete floor to look in the deep recesses of the bottom shelves, and struck out. Maybe I'll try Boulder tomorrow.

As a follow-up to something I hinted at a month or so ago, someone important to me has completed an exhausting course of medical treatment, and without disclosing any private information that I didn't gain direct permission to share, I wanted to give him a shout-out and say, "woohoo!" Glad this part is done!

No comments:

Post a Comment