Friday, January 5, 2024

Observation

Inspirational song: Back in the USSR (The Beatles)

Usually it's me sitting in the hospital bed in these situations. Oddly, I was only an audience member this time, not the prima ballerina. It was equally uncomfortable, in my opinion, merely sitting in the hard plastic chairs in the ER room, with the thermostat way too cold. At least when you're on the bed they make sure you're warm and have pillows.

I asked how much info I was allowed to give. I was told to be vague. So vague I shall be. I was there with, uh, someone who had a tummyache. They were definitely an adult, so don't start asking whether the grandkids were involved (they were not). The patient is still there, and I am not.

But this ate up most of my day, so I have very little else to discuss. I'm still stuck on who the hell thinks setting an ER room thermostat to 63 is okay?? Ugh. I need to wear warm jammies and an extra blanket tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment