Monday, January 22, 2024

Not for That Price

Inspirational song: Up, Up, and Away (The 5th Dimension)

There were a handful of piddly administrative tasks, mostly dealing with health insurance type issues, that had me tied in knots. I made a much bigger deal out of everything than any of it warranted. The most heinous of all the things was that one of them involved not being able to find my password to the Tricare website, and resetting it could possibly require a phone call (eeww.) Luckily, the password reset turned out to be manageable by internet, and the letter I fretted over was actually just an approval for the next round of botox. I then was able to move on and clear a few more emotional hurdles with relative ease. I still have a whole lot of other things to complete this week, but one of the worst road blocks is out of the way.

Having a sudden plug of stress pulled out put a small bounce in my step. I decided to go on a fact-finding mission. I'm still on the hunt for a manjula pothos, so I went to my local nursey to check. Bless the Flower Bin's heart. They're trying. They have a great selection of very healthy plants, but boy, they attach a premium price to them. There was a manjula, all right. It was in the locked cage where the fancy plants live, for a ridiculous price. I've been watching the plant tube videos. I know Home Depot is shipping them in their 4 inch pots for 7-8 dollars a pop. I would rather make 10 trips there in the next two weeks, watching for the right shipment to come in, than pay $80 to Flower Bin. Sorry, FB.

On my way to the Bin, I ran through @Home. I'm going through and increasing the pot size for several plants around here, and they usually have a good selection of planters. They hadn't really set out the stock yet, but I still found three inexpensive ones worth getting. Also found a couple things in the Christmas clearance section worth grabbing. I got two strands of white LED lights and a spool of glittery red mesh for a grand total under 3 dollars (incl. tax.) I'm ready to take away my winter display that seemed to transcend merely Christmas design, and put out something Valentines-adjacent. These seemed like the appropriate base for that. I probably have something pink or heart-shaped or similar to fit in the theme. I'll look around before Valerie comes over next.

Hey, locals. Can I enlist you in the pothos search? If you happen to be at a Home Depot in the next couple weeks, will you look in the 4 inch pots of random foliage plants for manjula? There will be a photo below of what it looks like. (Marble queens look similar, so check the label.) If you see it, either message me or snag it and I'll come to you and get it. If it isn't the $8 kind, just point me to the location where you saw it, and I'll evaluate my options.

No comments:

Post a Comment