Tuesday, January 16, 2024

Catpile

Inspirational song: Lost in the Supermarket (The Clash)

Somehow I managed to spend almost two hours in Walmart, meandering in circles. I went in with a clear list of needs. I came out with most of the listed items, plus a few extras (like a box of frozen gluten-free waffles that launched itself into my cart). I should not have stayed there that long. I walked so long that I made myself sore. The good news is I found most of the things I had intended to get from Lowe's, so I was able to skip part two of my trip and just go home.

I stuck to necessities, for the most part. Needed new oven mitts after I found out the hard way there was a hole in my old ones. Got Mane and Tail shampoo and conditioner, because new housemate promises she will help bathe Saoirse and she says this will help do the job right. And I got a large jug of bubble bath, since there's always one kid or another making catastrophic messes of themselves at grandma's house.

I didn't necessarily need a new planter pot, but they have started replacing the Christmas shelves with gardening stuff, and I saw one I wanted from last year. It was the only one there, and I didn't want to risk it being just a single leftover, and miss my opportunity to buy it again. When I got home, I potted up the rhaphidophora tetrasperma top and mid cuts I'd been propagating, back in with the original plant, into the new, bigger pot. I don't think it violates my six-month no buy, as none of it is technically a new plant. I would take a photo of it where it has been set back in place in the bedroom, but I am currently buried under three cats. I'm not sure I will be allowed to move any time soon. I guess I'm sleeping in the living room tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment