Wednesday, January 10, 2024

Whipped

Inspirational song: A Taste of Honey (Herb Alpert & the Tijuana Brass)

Wild times at the weekly game night. Apparently Valerie was learning the joys of canned whipped cream. I don't think anyone taught her about whip-its. I would not encourage it. 

We had extra people, including one new player and one fiancé observer. Everyone was present, although one player wasn't feeling well and stayed out of the fray completely. It's just as well they weren't playing. We spent an hour and a half just getting introduced to the new character and forming a plan how and where to march forward. The evening was loud and chaotic and a perfect introduction to the new person. They need to know what they're getting into, and this was us in a nutshell.

Big things happened before game night too. We deep-cleaned the fridge, which was about a month overdue (based on how much cooking I did over the holidays). It's times like this I'm glad I signed up for the big curbside composting bin. Gallons of spoiled food are sitting in the alley, anticipating the arrival of the collection truck in about 8 hours. Should be a frozen chunk by then. We also cooked. I made the promised beef-okra-tomato-etc dinner, and the new housemate said she liked it. I made a ton, so my daughter took home enough leftovers for three meals. I made two incredibly rich chocolate cream pies, honoring the upcoming birthday of one of our players. I asked another if this can count for his too, since it fell in the middle of all that holiday cooking.

Before bed, I need to clean my kitchen for the third time today. Yay me.

No comments:

Post a Comment