Sunday, January 14, 2024

It's a Habit

Inspirational song: A Girl Like You (Smithereens)

I was halfway to giving myself permission to skip writing tonight. I honestly thought I would. I've felt pretty crummy today, and I was sure once the chaos goblins went home that I would just go to bed. Oddly, once the house was quiet, with less shrieking and discordant piano-banging, I started to feel a little better. A painkiller helped with the unusually strong body aches. Skipping dinner and just having a carbonated drink made some of the roiling, frothing noises in my intestines quiet somewhat. I don't want to step out and go dancing or anything (not that I would in 1 degree weather), but I also am not shaking and feeling like crying anymore.

I don't have much I feel like discussing. I just wanted to decompress in the column inches where I usually do such things. Now that I let my thumbs have their before-bed stretches, I think I can take my night time pills and shut off the lights. I'll throw up a picture of little girl's post-bath ponytail, and call it good.

No comments:

Post a Comment