Friday, January 26, 2024

Storage Options

Inspirational song: Safety Dance (Men Without Hats)

Little man has reached an age and level of dexterity that means he is interested in investigating and testing everything he finds. If I leave something like a bottle of windex within his reach (or climbing range), in a flash he's gotten ahold of it, ready to spray on random pieces of furniture. He knows there are things he isn't supposed to have, so he will slowly approach his targets, like a cat stalking prey, and then suddenly snatch and grab, and take off with the TV remote or can of seltzer or whatever else he seized. The windex wasn't a random example. I left a bottle in the living room when I was cleaning and rearranging today. Naturally he pointed out my error.

So I decided I needed to go back to Walmart and get something I had seen two days ago when I bought that global green pothos. They had a bunch of small, pure green plastic tubs. It looked like they had just used a couple dozen of them to fill up an entire aisle, while they waited for some other shipment to come in for the garden center. They were perfect to keep my houseplant chemicals in. Smaller than my donation bin or Christmas storage. Opaque, so Dmitri doesn't know what's inside. Green so I know it's planty stuff. I will fill it with fertilizer, fungicide, neem oil, and sharp or pokey items. 

It took going to both Walmarts in town, kids, housemate, and service dog in tow. The closer store didn't have what I wanted. It was only at the big one, farther away from my house. While there, I also got another set of steel wire shelves, like I have plants on by my front window. These will go on the porch, so I have a better storage solution for my terracotta pots when not in use, and the outdoor supplies. It might even gain me a few square inches of clear space on the inside of the house to do this. Fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment