Thursday, January 25, 2024

Unscheduled Slowdown

Inspirational song: White Rabbit (Jefferson Airplane)

Whoops, I don't remember authorizing a down day this week. Unfortunately my body slipped one onto the schedule. I had widespread pain, headache, and a tummy that expressed displeasure. So I did basically nothing all day. I had been just letting the pain have free rein over me, until our new housemate suggested slapping a lidocaine patch near the top of my spine to interrupt the signals below it from reaching my brain. I thought hey, why not give that a shot? Couldn't hurt to try. Darned if it didn't help. Yes, it took over an hour to really sink in, but I do feel better from shoulders down. Still have a headache, sore face from clenching my jaw, and indigestion. But I gained a new tool for the toolbox.

I stayed mostly in one spot today. Only photo I can come up with is the newly-hardened leaf on the philodendron white wizard.

No comments:

Post a Comment