Saturday, January 6, 2024

Returning to Normal

Inspirational song: Bad Reputation (Joan Jett & the Blackhearts)

Today was a bit overwhelming, but in the end, it was pretty good. I needed a little help manhandling Murray this morning. I was all alone, and getting him into wheels is beyond my abilities, literally. Removing him from his wheelchair last night by myself was hard enough, and he and I were both exhausted by the time I got him to his bed. I heard him crying a little for the disruption in his normal bedtime routine. I tried to tuck him in the best I could, but I guess I didn't get all the words and head-pats in the right order.

I had a bit of stress waiting to hear how our mystery patient was (I'm resisting using the winky-face emoji here). I wasn't sure how to schedule my day. I did the best I could, but my mind was elsewhere. Eventually I was able to do a little grocery shopping to assemble a charcuterie plate, once I was sure we would be attending the siblings gathering down at my brother-in-law's house.

Dinner in Boulder was great. It was just for us olds, no kids or grandkids. We set aside time to catch everyone up on what the kids were up to, but it was nice to have a calm meal where no one had to jump up to catch a dashing toddler. The Mr and I were saying it might be nice to restrict full-family gatherings to summertime, when we could have a reunion type event at an outside venue where children can be active and loud with abandon. He thinks one or two of his sisters agree with this.

It wasn't a picture-taking sort of day. I straight up stole a good one from yesterday. It looks like Val and her favorite Goofy were both intently watching the same thing. I believe they were holding hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment