Monday, January 8, 2024

It's Good, Isn't It

Inspirational song: Feed Me (Little Shop of Horrors)

One of my favorite anecdotes was my mom's close friend saying that when her son lived close by, her husband would call him up and instead of talking, he would rev the blender a few pulses. The son knew that meant "come over now for margaritas." 

Tonight I sent a Snapchat to my daughter that was just a closeup photo of the frozen okra I just bought, with the caption "Wednesday dinner?" She laughed about how that was all it took for her to know exactly what I wanted to cook, and to say yes, make enough for her to take home leftovers.

We will be having a second housemate off and on for the upcoming school semesters, while the new person completes some classes locally to improve her computer art and videography skills. She arrived today, with a supply of food, including fresh veggies that needed to be used soonish. I had been wanting to make one of our family favorite dishes (in addition to the one above that features okra), so I immediately jumped up to thaw out chicken. I went to the store for a new tub of sour cream, and then set about making the nebulously-named chicken and broccoli with cream sauce. (I know there are better names for it, but I always forget them when I am called upon to remember one.) New housemate was impressed with dinner. I think I have proved that she can trust me when I suggest new-to-her recipes.

No comments:

Post a Comment