Thursday, January 11, 2024

Vampire

Inspirational song: Joy to the World (Three Dog Night)

Is there anyone in the continental US who isn't expecting brutal cold over the next several days? It's going to be particularly awful here for the next four or five, with Sunday into Monday being stay home and snuggle with dog weather. We are practicing for it now. I have had an 80 pound lap blanket off and on this evening. It mostly goes well, until a slight noise outside sets off her perimeter alarms, and she leaps off of me to go on guard duty. By the time it's mild enough for her to patrol the back yard again, she is going to be so bored that she starts wearing holes in the floor.

Drove down to see the rheumatologist this morning. I unburdened my soul at her, telling her how l have been way more tired, sore, weak, and forgetful lately. She said the way I described it sounds like fibromyalgia is the most likely candidate for which layer of illness is intensifying. She had a couple of things to rule out (like vitamin deficiencies), so she sent me to the very friendly vampire down the hall. He drained something like seven vials of blood from my arm, making me wonder how on earth I was going to make it home (a 45 minute drive, before coffee or any breakfast to boot). I made it here, but I don't know how.

As always when someone steals my vital fluids, I was extra loopy all day. I feel all disconnected and buzzy, and I need to sleep a lot. I haven't been willing to do a whole lot of anything since this morning. I sure hope I'm not forgetting something important I needed to accomplish right away.

No comments:

Post a Comment