Wednesday, January 24, 2024

Trying Something New

Inspirational song: Brand New Key (Melanie)

Of all the really important things I needed to do today, nearly none of them are completed. Best I can say is I initiated a contact with a company and did my part, but am now stuck waiting on someone else to make the next move. Everything else, yeah, it's totally my own failing that I'm not making progress.

I have come to the conclusion that I can't do anything to force a manjula pothos into existence. I've gone everywhere logical for me to try. I even drove to Boulder, after one last check at my local Lowe's. The Boulder Home Depot was another no. On the way back (when I was stopped, for the record), I checked Amazon. They had nothing. I tried the Walmart out on County Line Road, and there I made a compromise. I've heard people refer to global green pothos as "reverted manjula." So fine. I give in. I bought a global green, choosing one that had the lightest coloring and prettiest variegation I could find. I have set it next to my piano, with the last spot light from the grow light multipack I ordered. If additional light can bring it closer to a manjula in appearance, then so shall it be. I will run this one up a moss pole and see whether it gets big. Initial googling doesn't bring up a whole lot of examples of people doing this, but I haven't tried YouTube yet. Maybe it's out there. This experiment will keep me occupied until a manjula comes into my life.

It was game night tonight. I spent the hours after driving all over the county just cleaning up the kitchen and dining room so we could play games in a nice environment. Our new housemate was right there with me, so we cracked it out pretty quickly. We played Cascadia tonight, a wildlife habitat-building tile game. We just had four players, but Alfred and Athena each made contributions. Athena's was more chaotic than Alfred's. That might have had something to do with me luring her away from walking on the table by shaking cat treats. Apparently that resulted in an earth-shattering cataclysm back at the game table.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment