Friday, January 19, 2024

Out of the House

Inspirational song: Keep Your Hands to Yourself (Georgia Satellites)

There has been a gift card burning a hole in my pocket for almost a month. Honestly, no one should have expected me to make it this long. It was to Gulleys plant nursery. How could I wait any longer for that? 

I asked the new housemate whether she needed an O-U-T as badly as I did. She agreed, so three of us (two humans and a service dog) loaded up and headed north. I was looking for specific plants to spend my gift card on. I looked everywhere, but no joy. I ended up grabbing three tiny plugs of alocasias (varieties that were wildly expensive not even a year ago), for under five bucks each. I still have ten dollars left on my gift card, and I had them put a note in my account to call if either of those other plants comes in. 

Since I made the housemate wander through a plant store (not her vibe at all), she said in exchange she wanted to go to a game store next for D&D dice. As if I would say no to that. She got a big handful of beautiful polyhedral dice in shades of turquoise and aqua, and I got a set in shiny royal blue, and a loose 20-sided die in a pure, clear yellow.

Our last stop in Fort Collins was Costco for dog food. While we were there, I grabbed "high value treats" for Saoirse, in the form of canned chicken (as in the kind for human consumption). We are getting serious about restarting Saoirse's training, effective immediately. Housemate has a lot of experience with her service dog, and she is showing me methods to get my puppy much closer, hopefully all the way to service dog qualified. I just realized, as I typed that, that there is a service dog emoji, that my phone is suggesting. I think my heart just melted.

No comments:

Post a Comment