Friday, January 12, 2024

Chill Time

Inspirational song: Royals (Postmodern Jukebox ft. Puddles Pity Party)

Hard-core snuggle weather has arrived. It has been a battle keeping the boys off of my lap. I took photos of them an hour apart, with a loop around the room to water plants in between. They were in essentially the same spots, pinning me down, stealing the warmth I radiated. The next several days will be much the same.

Saoirse and I went for a drive before the icky cold moved in. There is a house out in the  county on about 90 acres up for sale, and I've been having I'm-suddenly-wealthy daydreams about it. My puppy and I drove past it while I sighed heavily and wished I could stop there. So far no piles of cash have shown up at my door, so it's just a fantasy. Sure would be fun to give that dog all those acres to run on, though.

I will need to finish protecting my plants from bitter cold before bed. I'll close the curtains behind the Ikea shelves and my dresser. I've already pulled bathroom plants away from where they touched the window. Let's hope they don't all protest four days with minimal light. They have to choose: light or warmth. 

No comments:

Post a Comment