Sunday, January 28, 2024

Done Now

Inspirational song: Touch and Go (The Cars)

Maybe my recent habit of making a nice cup of hot cocoa to help me relax in the evenings is working a little too well. My eyelids weigh 45 pounds each, and my head keeps wobbling on my neck, nodding in what my pilot husband refers to as touch-and-goes. Relaxing, yes, it certainly is that. I'm about to relax myself right back to bed before I finish my nightly routine.

In order to allow me to make more progress on my year-end reports, grandpa took the kids out to the airport to watch planes again. It was a gorgeous day for it. I heard Denver hit 60 degrees for the first time since mid-December. They had a good time running around the viewing patio, and then they stopped at Mr S-P's favorite brewery for grilled cheese sandwiches and poutine. (I asked in the text thread which beer were they getting. He answered "lemon," with a photo of them drinking lemonade.)

I'm sending both electronic and hard copy year-end statements. I decided it was finally time, after an embarrassing number of years, to stop my laser printer from spewing magenta toner all over every page it prints. I bought replacement cartridges way back when the printer was new and never threw out the cartridge that came with the machine. I just printed everything in black and white for years. Getting rid of the crappy one made a huge difference. Enough that I was able to tell that yellow had been spitting on my pages too, to a lesser extent. Now both are refreshed, and that's one more bit of deferred maintenance off of my back. 

No comments:

Post a Comment