Tuesday, April 20, 2021

Anniversary

Inspirational song: Dazed and Confused (Led Zeppelin)

Four-twenty has a lot of different meanings for everyone. Birthdays, anniversaries of good and bad things, high holy days for a certain subset of people. But for me, it is the date I started this overwhelming experiment. April 20, 2013--the morning after I got my feelings hurt by my circle of friends, I poured my resentment into a blog. Ever since, the nightly ritual has evolved into so many different things. It was a way to keep Mr S-P connected to home while he was in Pakistan. It was a way for me to work out my feelings. It was a memory improvement device. It was a decompression journal. It was a way to tell everyone what was going on with my health without having to type it over and over. It was a celebration. And now, it is a monument to my two new girls who I love to show off. I have wanted to stop so many times. I have opened the app thinking I would write "man, I don't have the mental energy for this," and I end up writing full, complete essays anyway. For all the hassle it is, it is an accomplishment about which I am incredibly proud.

To celebrate, I will do what I always threaten to do, and let myself rest. I'm going to play Mario Kart with the neighbors, and chill out. I'm even stealing my picture from the girls I spent my afternoon with. G'night, friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment