Thursday, April 8, 2021

Sprouting

Inspirational song: It Ain't Over Yet (Rodney Crowell)

The roof was quiet today. Nobody was walking on it. No drills, hammers, saws, or anything else up there. We have hit a long pause. All of the panels are in, either 24 or 26, depending on how many are on the south side of the garage, where I have yet to count them, and now we wait. The first guy who came to hang boxes on the wall will come back next week to run wiring from the panels to the boxes. (AC? DC? Dunno.) And then I think we have to wait for final inspection from the city. Only then do we start charging them, and I couldn't tell you how long it will take from there to be sending usable current to the house. I'm ready, though. I like the look of the panels up there. It gives me a thrill to see them.

The Mr has started serious yard work this week. He was clearing the debris from the flower beds and planting/moving trees today. Yesterday he was prepping the back yard for an intensive grass seeding effort, to combat weeds and Murray wheels. Anything will be better than what we have left out there after the abuse the ground received from the dogs. How we will keep those same dogs from murdering tender new grass immediately, I don't know. But at least we are making the attempt.

I know most of the country has been enjoying spring flowers for several weeks already, but we are just now getting ours. I'm happy with my one daffodil out front, and the few hyacinths that are halfway out. This week, we have progress on irises and columbines. Strawberries, kale, and onions are coming back in the garden. And all of the cats were pleased to note that the catnip is sprouting just outside the back door. They are probably going to be mad at me, but I might rip out that bed and start something new there. I wonder what grows well with catnip.

No comments:

Post a Comment