Monday, April 19, 2021

Snow

Inspirational song: Du Hast (Rammstein)

Yet another spring snow has blanketed the land. It moved through quickly, but it packed a punch. They said in places it would be a two-inch-an-hour event. It certainly coated the dogs in a sparkly white decoration in record time. Last I looked, there seemed to be about five inches over the top of my car. I didn't measure, I just glanced out front. 

Before this snow started, the Mr laid down a dense layer of grass seed, in the hopes the snow and mud and dog feet will push it down and encourage it to sprout. Let's hope. Years of Murray's off-road wheelchair tires have destroyed the sod they laid down when they sold us this house. Having actual grass again would make things better around here.

The snow kindly waited until I was done with my obligations before it got bad. I went down for a one-year follow up ultrasound of my thyroid, to see whether there have been any changes. It was way more uncomfortable than last time, so maybe. Or I'm just having a wimpy day. I raced back across town and took Saoirse and Alfred to the vet for their semi-annual exams (included in their care plans I put them on to make surgeries more affordable). They both look good, and they have both gained weight. Alfred is up to 19 pounds, which is still less than it feels when he walks on me. Saoirse is a dainty (compared to her brothers) 67 pounds. I'm honestly surprised. All that fur fools me into thinking she's bigger than she is. I scheduled her spay surgery for next week, so who knows. Maybe she will put on some pudge afterwards. It happened to me...

No comments:

Post a Comment