Friday, April 9, 2021

Immunity

Inspirational song: Celebrate (Kool & The Gang)

Exactly twelve hours later, and all is well. My second Pfizer shot went in this morning, and other than a couple moments where I felt a teeny bit dizzy or disassociated, I feel fine. I changed into jammies when I got home, to be loose and relaxed in case my world went pear-shaped on short notice, but I don't know that it was necessary right away. I had a lovely nap mid-afternoon, just because I could. Anything could happen in the next twenty-four hours, but so far so good.

Because anything could happen, when one has a rogue immune system like mine, I wanted a driver to get me to and from Fort Collins for the shot. The Mr had an appointment to go flying, so my girls were my ride. I sat in the back seat, making faces at the cutest baby in Colorado. It made the whole trip that much better, and I was already super giddy from the knowledge that I was getting my second shot. What a lovely experience.

We made a quick run through Costco while we were in a town that had one, to load up on baby formula and essentials. (For the record, half and half is essential in this household.) Valerie got to ride loose in the basket instead of strapped into a stroller, and it was the most fun she has had in a store yet. She wore herself out being alert and silly and we had barely cleared the city limits before she was zonked out. It pleases me how good this kid has it.

(That is a unicorn kitty stuffed animal. Get your mind out of the gutter.)

No comments:

Post a Comment