Saturday, April 24, 2021

Take It Away

Inspirational song: The Weight (The Band)

I went a little overboard today. I told myself that I would put one item in the donation tub every day until it was full. Immediately I missed two days in a row, so I went back and grabbed three things and put them in the bin. Not long after that, I missed another day or two. I more than compensated today. I kept grabbing things: paperback books, hardback books, vases from both florists and Pier 1, swimsuits (one never worn), towels, scarves, hats, and a wine rack. This was on top of the half-full tub that was in the background of most of the Valerie pictures in my living room. I transferred it to boxes and bags, so I could carry it out without hurting myself. But it was three trips with heavy stuff, so with my crummy lungs, I hurt myself anyway. Saoirse and I drove it up to the ARC this afternoon, and I have been riding the high of gaining more than a cubic yard of space from the main floor of the house ever since. It feels incredibly freeing to be rid of stuff, even several things I liked but hadn't used in years.

We had to drive all the way out to Brighton to get Mr S-P's second vaccine, after they canceled his closer appointment from yesterday. Google lied to us, and it took twice as long to get there as we thought it was going to. It was a drive-up vaccination site, so they weren't too worried about us arriving 10 minutes late instead of a few minutes early. I was there in case he reacted strongly right away, and Saoirse was there to be cute and to bark loudly at the great Dane that was barking back at her (endlessly). 

So far he hasn't had a reaction to the shot, other than getting pretty tired. But it was a long day for both of us. I am so glad we are both fully vaccinated now. We may still get the virus someday, but the chances of it landing us in the hospital or killing us outright have just gone way down. What a weight lifted off my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment