Monday, April 5, 2021

New Toys

Inspirational song: The Wells Fargo Wagon (The Music Man)

Who wants a little Christmas in April? Me!
I tell you what, it was kind of fun around here today. The solar installer dudes showed up around 8:30, and made all kinds of noises up on my roof. I had to run an errand around 5, after they had left, and when I returned, I noticed the bars across the front slope of the roof, and I got a little giddy. The panels are still in my garage, but tomorrow those come out and start to go up. I have no idea whether they will finish tomorrow, but I am doing a happy dance in anticipation.

Mid-afternoon, I heard brakes squealing out front, and looked up to see a UPS truck coming to a halt in front of the house. Last week we took advantage of some sales at Costco: I replaced my iPad that has refused to charge properly for months, and my son-in-law replaced his laptop with a Surface. Both arrived today, a day earlier than promised. I have only used my new toy a little, because I haven't yet put a protector on it. I ran the other computer over to the kids' house, and while there picked up some tree loppers the Mr asked to borrow. I was holding the loppers near the playpen, and the baby was making concerned faces over what I was planning to use them for. At least, that's what her expression said to me.

I'm in the same boat I was in last night. Need to turn in now so I can wake early enough to complete my morning routine before the solar guys arrive. Just like last night, I'll leave my windows open so it gets nice and cool overnight, and I can enjoy early springtime in the Rockies. I like falling asleep in such a good mood.

No comments:

Post a Comment