Sunday, April 4, 2021

Easy Sunday

Inspirational song: No One Picks Like a Nashville Picker Picks (Dolly Parton and Carol Burnett)

Forgive me, Saoirse. I know it was supposed to be a school day. My problematic shoulder was being, well, problematic. At least the bits that popped out yesterday finally went back into place this morning with a nauseating SNAP, but I went left with sore muscles and the inability to steer a car or steer a large dog for most of the day. Thank goodness it eventually loosened up.

We had another of those "hurry up and get over here while the getting is good" sort of days. There was some leftover safe food that the kids wanted share before anyone contaminated it with gluten somehow, and the Grump was fresh off of a nap. So I came over and grandpa followed a few minutes later, and we got all sorts of cuddles. I feel like she is entering yet another phase in toddler development, but I haven't come up with a way to describe this one yet. There is a lot of giggling and a lot of observation happening. Also a lot of experimentation with foods, but not a lot of effective chewing and swallowing. I'll keep watch on this one, and report out the cute stuff, of which there is an abundance.

I rarely have success falling asleep quickly, but tonight I need to try. Tomorrow is the day we were scheduled to get the full solar panel installation, although it kind of would be nice to have had the appointment confirmed. We have no reason to doubt they will show up, but that doesn't mean we didn't wish for a text or something. So I need to sleep early and rise early, so I'm prepared if workers show up and climb on my roof first thing. Oh, how I hope they do.

No comments:

Post a Comment