Friday, April 2, 2021

Intoxicating

Inspirational song: White Rabbit (Jefferson Airplane)

Our pod has only one adult left who has still not gotten at least one vaccine dose, and that person already had a confirmed case last fall. We are so close to herd immunity we can taste it. Today both Mr S-P and T next door got their first shots. I have one week left for number two. Our two blonde ladies are each fully vaccinated. People in our larger spheres, whom we would like to see as soon as it is safe, are in various stages of vaccination. It's happening, people! There will be socialization again, in the not-so-distant future.

We had dinner together with the neighbors, partially in celebration of the advancement of our antibodies. I made most of the meal. (There is a Mitch Hedberg bit that applies here, regarding baked potatoes. T just threw some in the oven, because by the time they were done...) I brought food, and the Mr brought the drink. And then we traded TV series episodes as we plotted to last week (currently trading Blackadder season two for Arrested Development season one) over our 21 year old single malt. Unfortunately, A shared rules with us to an Arrested Development drinking game, and we watched two episodes of it. At 10:30 I basically had to scoop up my baking dishes and run out of the neighbors' house, before I ended up sound asleep on their couch. It has been a lot of years since I tried anything like that. I hope my liver is still with me by morning.

Who am I kidding? Liver has to figure its own mess out. I just hope the bed stops spinning so I have a chance of sleeping still tonight. So far that isn't happening.

No comments:

Post a Comment