Sunday, September 18, 2022

Back in the Groove

Inspirational song: Nobody Told Me (John Lennon)

Time has no meaning anymore. This has been a well-established fact since the start of the pandemic, which was, um, let me think, 600 years ago? I was trying to remember when I held an open house last. I guess it was when we sold our condo in Boulder. Was that two years ago or three? I have no idea. The takeaway is that I am a bit out of practice with my open house banter. If I hadn't been holding one today with a fellow agent who had a fresher recollection of the details of the horse property we were showing, I would have been a mess. 

The property was up north of Fort Collins, far enough out to be beautifully quiet, but close enough to town that it would take less than ten minutes to reach the closest King Soopers. It's just over five acres, with a fully updated house that was originally built in 1940, incredible landscaping with native plants and rain barrels to water them, and a huge workshop and horse barn. If you know anyone looking for such a property, hit me up.

The open house had a lot better traffic than I expected. We had eight or nine groups (mostly couples) come through. A few seemed pretty interested, but most of those already had agents they were working with. We don't feel discouraged by that. We still have follow-up work to do.

Holding it today might have been ill-advised for my current schedule. I have a lot going on, and coming home exhausted today was bad timing. Really bad. But I press on.

No comments:

Post a Comment