Tuesday, September 27, 2022

WNL

Inspirational song: Smooth Criminal (v. Alien Ant Farm)

Seen on Twitter over the weekend: ruin chronic illness in 5 words. The obvious answer, "your tests came back normal." The nurse called me this afternoon, with that same vague answer for my ultrasound yesterday. No specific measurements, just "looks good, recheck in a year." Yeah, whatever. If I can force the portal to work for me, I'll get the details myself. Otherwise, I'll be in for an annual physical in a couple weeks. No need to harass the med center staff for my own pedantic needs.

I'm still struggling with that same weird tension as yesterday. I kept catching myself getting all tense, holding my body still and tight, for no discernable reason. Can't imagine what's up with this. Maybe I need to start drinking chamomile tea or something.

I tried to mellow out with a quick visit with the kids to cuddle a bit, but even then I couldn't relax. My son-in-law had to call my name a couple times to see whether I was okay, while I was zoned out, staring into space while I held Dmitri tightly, so the baby could coo in my ear. Val was expressing her boundaries, so I never got hugs from her. But she was pleasant to be around regardless, and I respected her polite "no" to a hug.

No comments:

Post a Comment