Wednesday, September 28, 2022

Exponentially More Doors

Inspirational song: Mandelbrot Set (Jonathan Coulton)

I gotta say, hanging out with the kind of people who make complex math jokes is a fine way to while away an evening. It was another game night, with most of the group in person, two remote, and one stand-in to add to the frivolity. I get so much out of these game nights, like a fast-charge to my emotional battery pack. It's really cool that for the last two weeks we have been able to share it with some new participants. I hope they got as much fun out of it as I always do.

I spent most of the day trying to get the house at least back to the level of clean I achieved last week, with a bit more dust and pet hair mitigation for my highly allergic neighbor. Then I made scalloped potatoes for dinner, and an apple pie on the fly after the game had begun. After everyone left, I filled and started the dishwasher, wiped down counters, tossed the empties in recycling, and tried to bring order back from chaos. I want it to last, but I'm trying not to get my hopes up. I'm leaving tomorrow for a girl's weekend with one of my BFFs, and Papa will be babysitting both grandkids on his own while I'm gone. Considering how much Valerie achieved tonight with her first go-round with washable markers, I'm sure my currently tidy house is doomed. 

In between cleaning, cooking, and multiple rounds of laundry, I was glued to the news all day, watching the path of the hurricane. It looks like the north side of it is plowing right through the Villages, where my parents currently live. They are still on their grand tour, but have one of my step-mom's nieces housesitting. I hope she is safe. There is so much rain falling on their neighborhood overnight, but I think the reports say the storm has been downgraded quite a bit by now.

It's going to be a long several days away from my babies. I hope the Mr and my daughter remember to post lots of pictures in the group chat. Especially if there are more shenanigans like tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment