Sunday, September 11, 2022

Strange Pings

Inspirational song: Running Up That Hill (Kate Bush)

It took months to align our schedules and energy levels, but we finally finished season 4 of Stranger Things. I feel like I need a quiet few hours to digest and reflect upon it. I enjoyed it, as I anticipated I would. It ended on a cliffhanger I didn't expect, but then I had no idea they had already committed to a 5th season. I guess I should have. Early on, when we had only watched one, maybe two episodes, I read someone on Twitter comment "I can't believe they killed (redacted)," or something similar. It wasn't technically a spoiler, because they didn't say who, and some number of people get killed every season. It's the nature of a horror story. But it kept me from getting fully immersed, because I couldn't stop wondering who that person was referring to. I was afraid to fully invest in the main characters, for fear of one of them getting killed off. The one thing it didn't do was convince me not to watch. Even the risk of a favorite character dying wasn't enough to skip out on a season. I never did figure out who they meant.

The kids were here again today. I wasn't expecting them early, but mid-morning I looked up, and the cutest little girl you could imaging was stomping up my driveway in her pink hiking boots. Her hair was up in high pigtails, and if I hadn't been sitting when I saw her, I would have fallen over backwards from the blast of cuteness. Her mommy called her a parrot today, and it's so true. She repeats everything, and I mean Ev-Er-Eee-Thing, she hears. I don't know whether she is absorbing the meanings, but she is getting great practice at pronunciation. And like magic, she is suddenly expanding her interest in entertainment. As we were heading back to put on a movie for her, she requested Tangled for the first time. She even ate most of the lunch I made, which was the biggest shock of all. We may have had another developmental leap in the last week or so. She is such a thrill to be around.

No comments:

Post a Comment