Monday, September 5, 2022

Fuss

Inspirational song: Lido Shuffle (Boz Scaggs)

Urgh. If I had a clear brain cell, I might be able to write well tonight. As I explained last night, I may be dealing with an unwelcome glutening. My tummy is recovering nicely, but my head sure isn't. I've been loopy whenever I stand, and I have a severe case of the dumb. Words are not my friends tonight. Sometimes it takes a while for a glutening to completely work its way through the system. I'll get there.

The kids showed up as surprise visitors this afternoon. I knew they needed to come eventually to retrieve sippy cups and stuffed animals that had been left behind over the last week. They just didn't coordinate a time. It was a pleasant surprise, all the same, and it happened to fall right in line with my plans to take a break from putting away laundry. I had told myself once I completed that task, I'd stop and have ice cream. I served four bowls instead of one, and everyone was happy.

I wasn't fast with my camera finger while the kids were here. I was busy trying to get baby cuddles and trying to keep Dmitri from crying every time I held him. He had saved up all his cranky for grandma. I wonder whether I ought to change up stuff for him. Use some other soap or shampoo, so I smell different. Swap out my glasses, or not wear them at all when I'm holding him. I don't know what else might convince him that he doesn't need to be fussy at me. Come on, kid. You could easily wrap me around your finger, just like your sister does. Throw me a bone.

No comments:

Post a Comment