Monday, September 26, 2022

Tension

Inspirational song: From the Beginning (Emerson, Lake and Palmer)

The best part of getting massages in that moment during the session when your body relaxes so hard that your brain turns into tapioca pudding. As one who generally carries on a conversation during each massage, it's always kind of funny when the ability to speak real words rolls over and falls off the edge of the table. Yet, there I was today, so full of tension that I never hit that point of relaxation. I had told my long-term therapist that I was so sore and tired, there was nothing he could do that wouldn't help my situation. Neither one of us expected that my muscles would fight back so hard. It has now been about 10 hours since I left the spa, and I still haven't unwound. If anything, I'm spun more tightly than before. What gives? (Obviously not my muscles.)

I had an ultrasound to get a yearly update on my thyroid. The tech went super fast, and it was over in under five minutes. She said that she only saw two nodules, where in April of '21 there were four. I don't know whether to assume it was because they actually disappeared, or because she went so quickly through the whole thing. Dr Google suggests it is unusual for them to spontaneously vanish. I guess I'll wait for the radiologist to give me the official report before I assume they healed themselves. Something fun to hope for.

I didn't get to see the babies in person today. Looks like they had a big day without me. Val got shots and a new art table, and Dmitri got to listen to Val living her best life. See the photo for what he thinks of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment