Saturday, September 3, 2022

PSL

Inspirational song: White and Nerdy (Weird Al Yankovic)

Technically it was a "pumpkin pie latte," but yeah, pumpkin spice. Same thing. I don't always indulge in these, but when the girls and I went to brunch, there was no way we weren't getting these. I wish I had been faster on the camera, when Valerie was peeking over the rim of the latte closer to her, sniffing it before saying no in that tiny high voice she gets when she doesn't want to try a new food. Once her quesadilla arrived, she had all she needed for her six bites of food (max), and then she really turned on the charm. If she ever figures out how much she could get out of me if she only asks, we are all in trouble.

It was supposed to be just a quick errand, picking up prescriptions for me at the pharmacy and some for Murray at the vet. Then I picked up my girls and shenanigans ensued. This happens to us a lot, and it is always the best part of my day. It makes me wish my own mom had been a lot closer when my girls were little bitty. She would have loved joining us like this. Heck, I know for sure she would enjoy tagging along with us now, as long as we didn't run her too ragged.

I wonder whether Valerie will have a sophisticated enough palate once it actually gets cold, to try traditional fall beverages. Of all her potential choices -- PSLs, hot cocoa, apple cider, or spiced tea -- my money is on cider being the one she would be willing to try. Then again, it's more likely she would let us buy one especially for her, just to turn her head and make that high-pitched "nope!"

No comments:

Post a Comment