Saturday, September 24, 2022

Power Off

Inspirational song: Hey, Hey, What Can I Do? (Led Zeppelin)

Saoirse was doing really well when we were going to training classes. They were interrupted when I got sick again a year and a half ago, and we never went back. So for all that I wanted to make her an official service dog, we didn't get all the way there. It's a pity, because she and I are so close that she really picks up on when I'm feeling less than well. It's just that she and I have no idea what she can do to help from there.

The last couple weeks were really rough on my available energy reserves. I had been slowing down a bunch over the last few days, but as of today, I'm officially out. My stated goals as of this morning were to eat a bowl of cereal with banana, and to water my flowers. It took most of the day, but I did it. 

I was the only one home for most of the day. Our houseguest worked until past dark, and the Mr has been out celebrating the neighbor's birthday since lunchtime (and it's almost 11 now). I adore my neighbors, but there was no way I was going to survive a brewery tour feeling like this. Let them have their fun. I was just fine staying home and napping through a depressing football game. My doggie checked in on me often enough, not that I could do more than pat her cheek and assure her I just needed rest.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment