Friday, September 2, 2022

Listening

Inspirational song: Tommy Can You Hear Me? (The Who)

Gonna be a long night. The kickoff to my team's football season was already scheduled for 8 pm. That happens to be when a big thunderstorm cell rolled through up here, basically from my town north to the Wyoming border. CU is more than 10 miles away from where the storm was, but out of an abundance of caution, they ran a lightning delay. I think it was pretty close to 9 when it finally got going. It's almost 11 now, and it's just the 3rd quarter. Buffs are not having the greatest season start, but I'm not ready to turn my back on the kids yet.

I intended to watch on TV, firmly convinced I had a login for ESPN. Not sure what failed between last football season and now, but even with an hour of fiddling with it, trying my logins and my kid's, who has a bundle including ESPN, I could not stream the game. Maybe I shouldn't have ditched the sports bundle on Sling after basketball season. I just wasn't using it enough to be worth the extra cost. So here I am, relying on the same method that saw me through 20 years of living away from Colorado: KOA radio on the internet. Good thing I can picture the game so clearly in my mind from the announcers' play by play.

My little girl was here briefly so she could nap while her mommy did a big restocking grocery trip. She has been playing in a cat bed that is shaped like a banana, pretending it is a canoe (like the one where Anna and Hans meet in Frozen). She insisted on bringing it with her, and watching her playact in it made my heart explode with joy. I gave her a choice of her favorite movies to watch to fall asleep to, and she clearly answered, "something else." So I picked Monsters Inc. She was asleep less than 20 minutes into it. Naturally I sat next to my sleeping angel and watched the whole rest of the movie. A movie with a charming 2 year old girl as one of the central characters? Gosh, why would that appeal to me?

No comments:

Post a Comment