Wednesday, September 21, 2022

Game It Out

Inspirational song: I Won't Let You Down (OK Go)

As per county ordinance, we took our visitors to Lucile's for breakfast. Hey, I don't make the rules. I just follow them to be a law-abiding Boulder County citizen. Sadly, they weren't as wowed as they were by Post's fried chicken, but it was still a pleasant experience. Afterwards, we went to an old town park near there, where Valerie has played often. I left my phone in the car, so I failed to get good pics there, but my stepmom got a great one of Dmitri smiling at his daddy.

The weather turned slightly ahead of schedule. It was beautifully chilly and gloomy today, and it started raining right after brunch. My parents were wearing heavier clothes by the end of the day than when it started. It's definitely soup weather now, so my stepmom and I went for ingredients for taco soup, and while out, I picked up a handful of new, wider and bigger soup bowls. I figure it is worth it. We feed a lot of friends.

Half our game group had other commitments this week, so it was just our kids and our neighbors, but my parents joined in as well. We played a round of Tsuro, a simple group puzzle/maze sort of game. Then we did two rounds of Donner Dinner Party. The best part of that one is the playacting, getting deeply into silly characters, trying to convince the rest of the players that you aren't the cannibal trying to starve or poison the rest of the group. My parents jumped wholeheartedly into the acting, as did the rest of us, and a great time was had by all.

No comments:

Post a Comment