Friday, September 16, 2022

Just Right

Inspirational song: I've Got a Dream (Tangled)

Ooh, another sneaky, blog quietly in dim light kind of night. Tonight was the officially scheduled kid sleepover night, and it took until 10 for her to sack out on her own terms. She wasn't cranky about it, but she made sure she got to sing all her favorite songs from Tangled, as we watched it a second time today before bed. Now there is another digitally animated ambiance scene, this time of an Edwardian study, with a crackling fire and rain against a window. It's the only light in the room, and once I'm done here, I'll be swapping it for the same sounds on a black screen. It was perfect for keeping her asleep last night. Why ruin a good thing?

This little girl will be so happy when she wakes up. Her daddy has been out of town since Monday, helping a friend move, and his flight home lands in about two hours. She will get to have breakfast with her daddy, and there is nothing she wants more right about now.

I think having this ambiance scene playing softly while I'm trying to write might have been a tactical error. It's mellowing me out pretty quickly. Good thing I'm basically done for the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment