Monday, September 12, 2022

Sequel

Inspirational song: Dancing in the Dark (Bruce Springsteen)

The timers have shut off all the lights in the living room. This means that it is getting super late and I should be in bed. I made it this far without taking a single photograph today. Not even a screenshot. Oops. I looked at the gallery for the last week, and there isn't even a recent one I could pass off as today. So I'm not going to stress over it. Not even going to take a dimly-lit picture of one of my furry family members. 

I carried out several bags of clothes and decorative items to the trunk of my car. I needed some space in the donation bin, to be able to finish out the project. I'm getting so close now. I made a tick-mark today on the tally sheet that represents the donation for November 26. Five weeks' worth left to go, to meet the original goal. It's my intention to hit the two main drop-off sites tomorrow. Knowing me, I'll probably drive this stuff on a little tour of town for a few days before finally sending it on its merry way. I'm sure it would all enjoy the long goodbye.

I'm trying so hard to thin out the amount of junk this house has to carry, and I swear every time I empty one spot, someone else comes along and dumps something new in it. I long for a house I could just straighten and sweep and be done with it. But no, that is a bridge too far in this segment of my family. I get the feeling I will need to renew the donation project for a whole new year. Get ready for part 2: 365 in 2023, coming soon to a blog near you.

No comments:

Post a Comment