Saturday, June 17, 2023

Close Call

Inspirational song: The Way (Fastball)

I could have died... or worse! 

Don't believe me? Just listen to this! There we were, at a new (to us) breakfast joint. I had ordered an omelet with gluten-free toast. I looked at the seed-encrusted bread on my plate, and noticed what looked like oats on the outside of it. I touched one, thinking maybe it was a sunflower seed, and I showed it to my daughter to inspect as well. I ended up handing her the toast, because I decided to be safe. The waitress came to check on us, and I asked her if she could find out (for future reference) whether the GF bread had oats. She said, alarmed, "Did you order GF?" Well, yes. I did. She told me the bread I'd been handling, that left crumbs on one corner of my eggs, was definitely not GF. Yikes! I avoided everything that touched that side of the plate, and scrubbed my hands the best I could with a napkin. The waitress was very nice about the whole thing, and even gave me a gift card for a future visit, as her best friend is also super sensitive to it and she understood what a close call it was. After breakfast, we left with a positive impression of the restaurant overall, and it will absolutely be in our brunch rotation.

We have been getting photos and videos from Disneyland all day. It looks like they were having a fabulous time. Our daughter mostly wanted to get him out there to see the full-scale mockup of the Millennium Falcon. But while they were there, they did all the cool stuff. We got video from the Teacups, Space Mountain, Mr Toad's Wild Ride, and Pirates of the Caribbean. They sent photos the park took of them on roller coasters. I'm having fun just knowing that they are doing all this, especially with the videos letting me feel like I'm there too, but I don't have to walk all over the park in the sun. Win-win.

I retrieved my cleaning supplies from the neighbors' house, after wiping out the freezer (I knew there was something I had forgotten to do), and re-cleaning the kitchen, main bathroom, and floors. I had been done, or so I thought, but having everyone in and out of the place when they loaded up the last of their stuff left a new mess. The Mr had been working to clear out the debris from the garage before his trip, but he also had a ton of other projects of his own. So when I peeked out at the garage to see how much is still in there, my soul died a little. I want to be able to list the property, but it just never ends. I guess I will go back tomorrow, and see how much I can pitch into the bagster. One day, we will be listed. I have to believe it.

No comments:

Post a Comment