Sunday, June 4, 2023

Inside Job

Inspirational song: Cold (Annie Lennox)

There was no way those kids were playing outside today. It rained hard the whole time they were here, until right before they were picked up. Our back yard is a lake, but that didn't stop them from staring wistfully at the open space where they could be playing, if only grandma wasn't so mean. My daughter texted something along the lines of how she should have sent extra clothes with them, so they could have gone out and gotten muddy. No way. They would have tracked all sorts of mud between the back door and the tub that I would have been on the hook to clean up, and besides, we are trying so hard to regrow grass after letting the dogs destroy it for the last couple years. 

I was short-tempered all day. I couldn't stop myself. I'm stress and burned out, and I was on the verge of just saluting Mr S-P on my way out the door for a very grumpy drive. I need a mental reset, and I don't know how to get it. I'll figure something out, but I might be a bit unpleasant to be around until I do.

The kids were no worse than any other day. They were kids, cute and loud and needy and everything else. It was just me who had attitude. If I'm lucky, I'll wake up on the right side of the bed for a change, and get back to normal tomorrow.

(All photos taken in selfie mode, so they could see themselves as I took them.)

No comments:

Post a Comment