Sunday, June 11, 2023

Le Deluge

Inspirational song: One Way or Another (Blondie)

Come on, man, it stopped being funny a while ago. Sure, I called it a "cascade" of appliance failures, but that didn't mean I was looking for yet another one. This makes five now. This time it was the washer that threw an error code and refused to stop beeping until it was drained (partly all over the floor) and pulled completely apart. Mr S-P found a tiny wood chip from all the chain-sawing he did while he was in the mountains this week, wedged in a spinny part of the drain pump mechanism. It wasn't spinning with it there. While he was at it, he pulled the dryer out, and started watching how-to videos on YouTube. Once he did that, it was an easy test to determine it was the heater coil that had failed. Getting access to it involved a whole lot of swear words, but once he saw it, it was absolutely the problem. Burned up and broken through. I ordered one on Amazon and even paid for the shipping. Should be here mid-week sometime. Even with shipping and tax, it was less than 50 bucks, so that could have been a lot worse.

Today felt like an effort, all day. I just want to go to bed, now that I finally got enough cats off of me to get free of my chair. It was cold all day, so they were on me like barnacles. Now that I'm cold too, and in bed, those warm fuzzies are nowhere to be found. Figures.

No comments:

Post a Comment