Saturday, June 24, 2023

Rank

Inspirational song: The Dance (Garth Brooks)

Showings are done. I cut them off this afternoon, and have given my regrets to those who wrote in too late to attend. I've filtered the applications down to a top 5, and I know how they are ranked in my head. I've tried to get in contact with the one I consider the preliminary winner, to verify that they are still in the race. So far, I haven't gotten through. The ones I spoke to had jobs that might be keeping them busy, so I'm not giving up. I told everybody to expect an answer from me on Sunday.

I'm so glad I don't have to put on my speaks-to-strangers face tomorrow. It's exhausting. I have had involuntary naps every day this week. I just have to contact a winner, thank the runners up, and play with children. No sweat.

Now that Dmitri can stand up on his own and toddle a few steps, he is unstoppable. He shows off all the time. (As someone whose quadriceps have decided they just don't have to work anymore, I'm understandably jealous.) He has also discovered that butts are funny, as everyone does early on in their lives. He was mooning his sister, while she was building rocket ships out of blocks. Watch out, Dmitri, before she thinks to send that rocket ship to the moon.

No comments:

Post a Comment