Tuesday, June 20, 2023

Wild Ride

Inspirational song: Walk of Life (Dire Straits)

Last night I said there was a lot more that I couldn't fit into one post. Well, the overstuffed news of the day was I was able to go live on my first listing. I posted the house at 9:30 last night, and by 9:40 I had my first appointment for a showing set. Now, 24 hours later, I have five of them scheduled, two applications submitted, two people I'm waiting to hear back from on selecting a time to view the property, and three or four new requests that I will open in the morning. I'm already facing that small business owner's dilemma of when do I consider myself off the clock? I've been going all day. I think after 6 pm was an okay time to stop, since I had important things to go do.

Those important things were to pick up the Mr who returned from California this evening, stop and have dinner at the Post (and finally get to try fried pickles, because they were GF), and then drop by to cuddle the kids before they went to bed. He hadn't seen them in almost a week, so this was necessary and right. He brought souvenirs from Disneyland and the La Brea Tarpits for Valerie. She got a Mirabel t-shirt, and a wooly mammoth plushie that she won't receive until we have shown her the movie Ice Age. Dmitri didn't get a toy, but he is too young to notice yet.

He isn't too young to show off new skills though. While we were at the restaurant, we got an excited message announcing that he has walked! He took about five unassisted steps, and we were alerted. This was the impetus behind us stopping by on our way home. Not only did he show off for grandma and grandpa by taking several steps for us, over and over, but he also demonstrated that he can stand up in the middle of the floor with nothing to pull up on. We made it to the big time!

No comments:

Post a Comment