Wednesday, June 21, 2023

Draw Heart

Inspirational song: Destroyer (The Kinks)

This is a celebration day. It's not just the summer solstice. It's our younger daughter's birthday. By virtue of living in the same town, we get to celebrate with her more often than we do with our first born. Today we went out to lunch at a newish pho restaurant, and then joined a group of their friends this evening for games and sweets. I gave her the presents that Valerie and I picked out Monday, and she even liked the silly inside joke one. I made sure to tell her how valuable Valerie's input was.

I can remember waiting for my daughter to take her first independent steps. For all these years, I have sworn that her first hands-free walk was on the day she turned one, toward her godmother, who was offering her a bite of her chocolate birthday cake. So nice to be able to recreate the photo I captured that day, of smeared chocolate frosting on my friend's leg, and my daughter's messy face. This time it was Dmitri making sure his grandpa knew where to put the lemon cake.

I had three appointments for showings next door today, and one was a no-show. I'm not mad. There are more than enough other interested parties that I won't miss one. In fact, when I got home from my kids' house, I saw another tour request. I think by Friday I will have to mark it as not accepting more requests. We expect to be done with tours Saturday, and make our selection by Sunday. I tell you, this is a hopping business. If I can get owner clients, I will have no shortage of tenants. 

No comments:

Post a Comment