Monday, June 12, 2023

Hulk Smash

Inspirational song: When I'm Sixty-Four (The Beatles)

I'm feeling very old all of a sudden. I haven't had an office job in over a decade, been a student in about 14 years, or done any recreational activities that required me to stay current on how to do anything in Microsoft Word in I don't know how long. I couldn't figure out how to make the check boxes work in the property management document the lawyer sent me. I made a workaround, and then figured out something better at the end of the document. I tried to go back and correct my earlier hack, and couldn't. I tried the help tab. I did what it said. Still no joy. I was on the verge of a primal scream followed by lots of expensive smashing, but instead chose to close the laptop and deal with it tomorrow. Right before I quit, I noticed what I was working in was "compatibility mode." That is most likely the key to why it was hobbled. But I am tired and very, very angry at it, and I am not opening that stinking computer again tonight.

I don't think I took any photos today. I thought about doing it when I was out trying to keep my flowers safe from the hailstorm that never quite made it here from Boulder. I know I could probably find something around here to take a picture of, but you know that rage that developed from filling out the management agreement I just talked about? It's still coursing through my veins. Not interested in a cute cat or plant picture right now.

This will probably seem silly tomorrow. It will be one click that changes everything. Tonight it is a smoldering chunk of ultimate evil, and I'm not up to touching it.

No comments:

Post a Comment