Friday, June 16, 2023

It's Good Like This

Inspirational song: In the Dark (Billy Squier)

Much as yesterday, I'm kind of letting other people do all the living while I do all the coasting. I went easy on myself again today, just enjoying a day when I didn't have a mountain of emergencies on fire in my face, causing me to shut down. Instead, I did a few things, stopped to admire them, rested, did a couple more, rested again, and so on. Now at the end of the day, the lights are out and I'm sitting in the dark, with a large cat twitching wildly in his sleep on my lap, feeling about as good as if I'd had a spa day. No complaints. Would do it again.

The daddy-daughter trip appears to be going well. She took him to an airplane graveyard, and they ate that stuff up. He sent some pictures, including a couple of husks of the kind plane my dad used to fly in his air force days. He told me to make sure he sees them. (Dad, are you reading tonight?) I'm glad they are getting to do activities like this.  I'm told a hike around the Griffith Observatory and a visit to the Star Wars experience at Disneyland (is that right?) is on the itinerary as well. Go, family, do all the things. Have all the fun. Send more pictures.

While he's gone and I'm here alone, I have a weekend off from babysitting. They would just be too much for me right now. Heck, just having to do a lot of the lifting of Murray is too much. I have gotten him in wheels once and out twice so far, and I think I've used up all my lifting ability for the month. (To think I used to lift weights for exercise and fun!) I have to call in reinforcements starting tomorrow. I also can't go more than a couple days without baby cuddles. I'm going to go grocery shopping with the family in the morning, more to squeeze on those kids a little than to restock the pantry. Will be worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment