Thursday, June 22, 2023

Measuring Contest

Inspirational song: Movin' On Up (Ja'Net DuBois)

Hoo-ee, look at us, moving into the 2020s. The right impetus finally arrived for the Mr to replace the 12 year old television downstairs with one made in this decade. Granted, this was the very last one of this series left at the Costco, being a model from a couple years ago, so it was marked down to an even 400 bucks. The even older TV they had been using for Civil Air Patrol gave up the ghost, so he elected to donate our old one to them and get a more functional one for us. In 2011, that was a really smart TV. In current day equivalent, it graduated from grade school, but went no further. I'll finally have one that can stream all the right things so that my bedroom will no longer be the only effective TV room. 

Naturally, he texted a photo of the TV to our old neighbor, who responded that his was bigger. You can imagine how that conversation devolved.

I just spent an hour or so cleaning downstairs (made very little progress) while he took down the old one, unboxed the new, and learned that the old wall mount isn't quite appropriate for the new TV. My opinion is we should get a new mount. His is to try to get replacement screws that fit the new TV. We try his way first, and mine if/when that doesn't work.

I'm still getting new applications on the house. I need to figure out how to pull it off the market without hamstringing the folks already in the pipeline. I had three more tours today, and I liked all of them too. This is hard, knowing I will only be able to select one person or group. One thing is clear, the rental market here is serious as a heart attack. People need a place to live.

No comments:

Post a Comment