Friday, June 9, 2023

Digesting

Inspirational song: Proud Mary (Creedence Clearwater Revival)

Look, I shouldn't have to say it. You know what I've been doing all day. I've been streaming news on satellite radio, one giant binge on the news of the week. As is my habit, I will not discuss it in this space, nor will I suggest anyone start anything in my comments. I'm halfway through reading the indictment, and I took a break to play games and digest it. I'll finish reading it once I go to bed. You all are encouraged to read it for yourselves, and draw your own conclusions away from this page.

I didn't have a big purge while the boys were gone, as I had hoped. I didn't have the fire in my belly to haul out a bunch of trash. I put one shirt in the donation bin and did my laundry the hard way (no joy on the dryer yet). I finished watering the rest of the plants. And I considered myself accomplished. Don't burst my bubble. This felt like a lot today.

I think I'm due a nice cool shower before bed, since I forgot to turn on the attic fan until now, and the house is warm and stuffy. Sounds like a good way to end a contemplative day.

No comments:

Post a Comment