Thursday, June 8, 2023

Hard Reboot

Inspirational song: Whisky in the Jar (Thin Lizzy)

My body seriously said to me, "I've had plenty of your nonsense, Missy." I slept in all the way to 9 o'clock, and woke very groggy from the muscle relaxer I took last night. Between that and playing a "pink noise" video on YouTube all night, I slept hard. Was still tired, though. I bundled up in a robe, and sat down with a cup of coffee. Was I awake? Not really. I dozed on and off until the Mr and Murray took off for a couple nights at the cabin, and then I slept hard in the same chair. I might have still been in the same position, had my Rotary buddy not called to make sure I was going to the farewell party for another Rotarian. I was so glad she offered to drive, so I didn't have to find a way to be clear-headed. I did manage to shower and get dressed in acceptable clothes for the event, but driving would have been a drag on my reserves. 

The party was fun. Lots of people I know and like were there. It was at a local brewery's beer garden, and I was pleased to find gluten-free options, both in drink and at the food truck at the event. I sat on a hard bench longer than my body wanted to, but we were having too much fun talking to give up early.

Now I'm home alone, relaxed but mostly reset. The house is dark after all the timed lights went out, and I just kicked back and ate popcorn while I watched the latest lightning storm go over. Taking an entire day to rest and repair myself was inconvenient with how much I need to be doing, but now that I've done it, I have the resources to jump back into it--tomorrow. I'm still going back to bed for one more round of sleep. I wonder what color of noise YouTube will suggest tonight (white, brown, and pink all sounded the same to me). As long as the screen goes black, that's all that matters to me.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment