Sunday, June 25, 2023

Three's Company Redux

Inspirational song: Alabama Song (Whisky Bar) (The Doors)

After a week like that, it took zero arm-twisting to agree when Mr S-P suggested we head to Spirit Hound Distillery for the drinks for wildlife night. Every so often, an area eating or drinking establishment will allow representatives from Greenwood Wildlife Rehabilitation Center to set up a table and receive a portion of the till for that night. I haven't been to Spirit Hound in a solid four years, so I was more than happy to go. Our cocktails were exquisite, our food truck dinner was satisfying, and our chat with the distillery founder was entertaining. An excellent evening. Also, we now know they are expanding and under construction for a whole new, fancy building. We must return there, soon and often.

I have a verbal agreement from the folks who will be our tenants. In my mind I call them the Three's Company crew, because it is two girls and a guy, all apparently in their 20s. I guess that makes us the Ropers. I saw a meme circulating last week of a big event where everyone showed up dressed as Mrs Roper, in curly hair and wild print caftans. I need a caftan now. I will meet up to sign the lease on paper with the (can I say kids? they are younger than my children) ...tenants this week, and get things moving. I'm so excited about this crew. Their genuine joy at seeing the house made me feel so good. I want them to like living here.

It was a babysitting day. The kids were on point today. They were funny and interactive. I am about 90% sure that when we pointed at Harvey and Alfred, and clearly enunciated "cat," that Dmitri understood and repeated "gad." Well, I described it as an indeterminate hard gutteral consonant + AT. The Qatar equivalent of saying cat, as it were. Both kids played hard in a splashy pool in the backyard. When Dmitri came in, he went down for a nap in under five minutes. A little later, Valerie sat in my lap, watching music videos from the 80s. She was fine through the Twisted Sister ones she likes, but Adam Ant and Toni Basil bored her just enough that she conked out against me. Too much fun followed by too much new wave silliness.

No comments:

Post a Comment