Saturday, June 3, 2023

That Was Fast

Inspirational song: Already Gone (The Eagles)

Talk about a whirlwind visit. The neighbors arrived Thursday evening, and by mid-afternoon today, they were gone again. This time they had everything out of the garage they were gonna keep, and I have to go back over to re-clean the house. It's not really bad, how they left it this time. We just tracked dirt on the floors and stuff while we were in and out. But this time it feels like they are really gone. I hate it as much as I did when he took the big load of belongings up in April. For the last eight years, T has been our adopted little brother, and living away from him is going to be hard, especially at first.

I am just completely drained from all of this. I feel it down to my bones. I wasn't able to be all perky with the kids the last few days, especially after an hour of walking around Costco with them. Val seemed a bit spacy too, and I'm pleased with my self-awareness to recognize and empathize when she got like this. She kind of had a thousand-yard stare when we parked the car, and I let her drift in her own mind until she was ready to chat again. 

In the last minute, it started raining steadily again. My windows are open, so I can hear it clearly. I really love the rain, but it's making vegetable gardening and solar power generation tricky this year. I wonder how the actual summer will be. Still cool and wet, or will it turn into the surface of the sun come July? Surely we will get enough sunny days for tomatoes to ripen. Our fruit production looks iffy, though. Flowers at least are rocking it.

No comments:

Post a Comment