Tuesday, June 27, 2023

Open to Change

Inspirational song: Dear Friend (Fish)

Wild turn of events today. I thought I was going to dedicate all of my column space tonight to the changing of the guard at Rotary. The leadership has changed, in more ways than one. We have just transitioned from a solo president for one year to a co-presidency for two. I think I'm going to like it. I certainly like the two Rotarians who are taking over, so I will call it a positive change.

We had a post-meeting get-together for drinks at a historic local landmark that has just changed hands as well. The Dickens Opera House has been here just about as long as this town has existed. The new owners renovated and completely changed the menu and I'm very excited to have this place open. It seems wonderful so far. We got a tour of the whole building to see the updates they made. The decorating choices were right up my alley. The blood orange margarita I had was a new favorite as well.

Once I got home, my evening took a surprise left turn. I got a call from one of my close friends from college whom I have not seen since the first year we were back in Colorado. She had an unexpected overnight layover (hinky things happened with her flight), and she had a choice of getting a hotel near the airport or calling someone for a fun blast-from-the-past night. She made the right choice. I raced down to the airport and whisked her back up here for dinner at my favorite restaurant and an evening of catching up. Not where I thought the day would go when I woke, but boy am I glad to get here.

No comments:

Post a Comment